Archive for the 'European Union' Category
Ha! The very same French journalist expresses indignation 1) at Muslims who cannot tolerate ridicule 2) at a Muslim for ridiculing Jews.
Some people invoke general principles and sacrifice for them. That is building a commons. Others invoke general principles when suitable to their tribe.
Europeans needs to demand universalism as a condition for extending it, as a condition for living in European society. Leave that tribal stuff in whatever backwater you come from, and we’re cool. Bring that tribal stuff here, and we’ll punish you for it.
The most bizarre thing is how hostile Islamic countries are to other faiths within their own territories. One cannot even build a Church in many Islamic countries. And yet, when it comes to Western countries, the government is supposed to subsidize Islam.
Oh, and it gets even more bizarre, the Islamic folks in Western countries are not only silent when it comes to discriminating against Christians where they are originally from, they even support that discrimination.
NY Times: Immigration the one bright spot in European demographics. #CharlieHebdo http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/07/opinion/an-aging-europes-decline.html
(propaganda arm of multiculturalism)
It’s as much a rebellion against Big Media as it is a defense again encroaching Islam. #CharlieHebdo
From Gawker’s “Gamers are over” downfall to Sweden’s national suicide. Here’s an entertaining review of 2014Posted in Egalitarianism / Culture Wars, European Union, Immigration on January 2nd, 2015
From Gawker’s “Gamers are over” downfall to Sweden’s national suicide. Here’s an entertaining review of 2014:
Login / Register SEARCH THROUGH VDARE.com ARCHIVES Mass Immigration V. Democracy–The Fix Is In In SwedenPosted in Egalitarianism / Culture Wars, European Union, Immigration on December 29th, 2014
Swedish government has to re-work alliances, make compromises to ensure mass immigration continues. . . . Anything to ensure Sweden becomes less Swedish.
A Muslim terrorist can say he’s a Muslim terrorist and the media will tell us he’s not, but protesters deny they are Nazis and the media assures us they secretly are.
The feminists aren’t going to touch this one:
. . . because being a serial rapist isn’t nearly as bad as being an accused racist.
How fear of being seen as racist stopped social workers saving up to 1,400 children from sexual exploitation at the hands of Asian men in just ONE TOWNPosted in Egalitarianism / Culture Wars, European Union on August 29th, 2014
Cultural Marxism has created a world in which it is worse to be a racist than a serial rapist.
How fear of being seen as racist stopped social workers saving up to 1,400 children from sexual exploitation at the hands of Asian men in just ONE TOWN
1. The Enlightenment’s great error was the assumption of universalism. We still suffer from it. Profoundly.
2. The ISIS situation is exacerbated by the brain drain of Arab professionals into the western world. They left behind a critical mass of mouth-breathing knuckle draggers. If you want to spread western values, do it by example, not by opening the borders.
3. Jews have and continue to aggressively advocate open European borders, plus cultural relativism because they themselves have needed to infiltrate European cultures. They’ve gone too far in lowering the ramparts and upending the culture of their warriors with post-modernism. If Europe is colonized and its culture diluted beyond recognition, they will all be killed, and their killers won’t feel bad about it either. They won’t build monuments and museums as Europeans do.
What do I mean by universalism?
Much of the world neither wants nor is capable of individualism, logic, reason, I would also add “high trust” which is a European phenomenon though probably not an Enlightenment discovery.
The west, both in Britain’s colonialism and today in its open-border policy, continues to act as if everybody is a member of the family (high trust society), continues to act as if peoples living mysticism and superstition can be governed by our greater reliance on logic and reason.
This is a mistake. Many (most) people want collectivism, mysticism, superstition. The Enlightenment will reassert itself by nationalizing it’s values. A fence will be put around it. I hope this happens before a bloody clash of civilizations, and not after, thought it may already be too late.
Much of the rest of the world has been unwillingly and ungratefully dragged out of ignorance poverty and disease by the fruits of the Enlightenment. Their best chance at continuing civilizational progress would be if their intellectuals remained there, instead of joining the western civilization, and voluntarily became a sort of aristocracy.
Trusting outsiders and using ethical code with them. Expecting them to do the same. Only Northern Europeans do so.
^^ as exemplified by the idiotic statement of some Swedish politicians “we have to be nice to the Muslims now so that they’ll be nice to us when we are the minority.”
Am I anti-semitic?
First of all, let’s discuss whether something is TRUE. Not if it’s racist or anti-semitic, or mysoginist. Truth has been lost in the era of post-modernism. It’s Foucault’s vision — language is devoid of meaning, it’s just a struggle for power. As a writer, you should not accept this.
Secondly, the first paragraph above described an error of Christians, the second an error of Muslims and the third an error of Jews.
No more empty accusations, please.
Cultures vary and I won’t be intimidated into silence.
Here’s the scholarly work from UC Long Beach professor Kevin MacDonald: http://www.amazon.com/The-Culture-Critique…/dp/0759672229
Let me restate this because I have a bad feeling that I offended my friends xxx and xxx.
I’m hypothesizing about the cultural degradation which lead to little girls being beheaded . . . in 2014!!!!! Want to see pictures? http://www.catholic.org/news/international/middle_east/story.php?id=56339
Here is my hypothesis:
1) Christian Europe universalized familial trust — especially protestant Europe, less so Catholic Europe, and I’m not sure but I think Orthodox Europe (my ancestors) are just a border-land civilization. Especially in protestant Europe, every person was considered a relative. This is the high trust society. It’s the only part of the world in which tribalism was defeated. This became the foundation for modern civilization.
But Christian Europe also has a psychopathic altruism which led them to incorrectly attempt to universalize its norms.
They opening Europe’s borders to millions of tribal people and expecting them to reciprocate European universalism. Expecting them to contribute the commons (social norms) by forgoing the opportunity cost of good behavior.
They expecting universalism to spread, along with the Enlightenment triumphs of logic and reason over mysticism, pseudo-science. They take truth for granted. They didn’t guard truth as it needs to be guarded.
They’re making a mistake. Western values will neither be adopted or preserved under these assumptions.
2) Arab Muslims, like everybody else in the world, wanted to live among the riches of modern civilization, under rule of law and private property rights. There has been an enormous brain drain from the Muslim world into Europe. The very people who were most likely to champion logic, reason, universalism, exactly what the hugely tribal, superstitious Muslim world needs, have abandoned their civilization. You’re left with people finding virtue in the beheading of small children, in the destruction of millenia-old monuments, in the genocide of Christians, Yazidis.
The aristocracy of the Muslim world who has fled to Europe is making a mistake, assuming its goal is to improve the prosperity of their own civilization. If their goal is abandoment of their civilization, or worse, destruction of the European civilization, then they’re probably proceeding correctly.
3) For millenia, Jews have been out numbered and far from home, relying on their intelligence for survival. To maintain their place among the warrior cultures of Europe, they’ve promoted, especially in the past 150 years, open borders and cultural relativism (we all bleed red, what’s the difference who your neighbors are?). Because they’re the smartest people in the world, they’ve been very successful. But the Frankfurt School ideas of multiculturalism, relativism have taken on the fervor of a secular religion. Heretics (like me) are mercilessly denounced.
They are also making a mistake. This strategy has not and will not keep them safe. The more they tear down the gates and the social norms of Western civilization, the less safe they will be.
That’s my hypothesis. The obvious omission is the political turmoil the west and Israel has created in the Muslim world which has created a vacuum being filled by ISIS.
Orthodox Christianity — I don’t know. They haven’t really exported any cultural norms as Protestant Europe has. They’ve sort of learned some rationalism from the Enlightenment, but are still very superstitious. I see them as middle shade in the cultural gradient. What are their defining characteristics?
1. Keeping the Mongols / Ottomans away?
2. Being a cultural buffer?
Incidentally, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the enormous contributions of Jewish thinkers all came from individuals at least two generations out of the insular ghettos and into the Western, Aristotelian paradigm.
We should all concern ourselves with how to spread good ideas. I think you’ve answered it with “giving people responsibility before they prove capability is asking for trouble.”
I think Europeans fail to recognize the fragility of their civilization. They assume that everybody universalizes trust. They don’t regard this as a norm that needs to be defended with violence. Enforced.
This is the “European miracle” that dragged the whole rest of the world out of poverty, ignorance and disease. It’s an anomaly. It didn’t happen anywhere else in the world.
Hell, it’s not even a European norm, but a Northern/Western European norm.
Only the nuclear family cultures achieved this. The extended family cultures of southern and eastern Europe remained more tribal. They have a dual loyalty — one to your kin and one to society. It’s no coincidence that the extended family cultures of southern and eastern Europe are much more corrupt than the nuclear family cultures of northern and western Europe.
Southern and Eastern Europe just had an excellent, nearby example to follow.
I’m rambling. The point is:
1. Recognize norms as something special and defend them — with violence.
2. Doing so — protecting your culture — will serve as an example for surrounding culture.